Thursday, May 14, 2009

But sanctify Christ in your hearts. Set Him apart in your hearts. As I was thinking about this, another verse came to mind, "Whom have I in heaven but you, and earth has nothing I desire but you." There are other joys in heaven, relationships to kindle, experiences to enjoy, scenery, wonders and old fellowships - yet whom have I in heaven. The psalmists counts them all a loss compared to having God.
Although my heart has many desires, Christ should be sanctified apart from them all. Unparallelled and as if all other desires and pursuits are rubbish.
In the context, don't be afraid of what others will do, rather sanctify Christ in your heart by your hope, then be ready with the backhand because you will be asked the reason for the hope you display.

No comments:

Post a Comment