Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Waiting

Psalm 25:5 "Lead me in your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all day."
Events of the past few weeks have left me thirsty. School, absence from the family, discipline issues with Wyatt, not seeing my beautiful wife's smile nearly enough. It's been pretty emotional, particularly with Wyatt. Always wondering if I am winning his heart or wounding it. But I have racked my brain and I cannot think of any other ways to win him to me. It's crippling. I feel like I have been left an invalid.
In these times my normal patterns of dealing have been woefully ineffective for anything. Entertainment, checking out, my own will - they have no answers, no sustenance. They are a chewing on the tongue.
The Lord brought me to Psalm 25. David asks God to show him His ways and teach him. Therefore he waits.
Waiting comes before teaching and leading in the way of truth. So often in a heart of mistrust, a man will become impatient, doubtful and arrogant and go off in the direction of his own understanding. He does not trust in God's way; he feels he will be found wanting in Gods way, therefore he defects.
A man that waits is broken and needy; knowing the uncleanness of his leprous heart and the deficiency of his will and understanding. It seems as though God will thwart us until we sit and wait with a heart that has no other place to go and is looking for Him.
Then, after a period of waiting and Gods establishing our ear to His tender voice, He will lead us in the way of truth.
And all the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth to those who love Him.
Be still my soul and wait on Him. Those who wait on Him will not be put to shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment