Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kill your TV



I have never regretted one minute I have spent praying, reading the Word, or discussing Jesus with a friend. I almost always regret the waste of time, meaninglessness and the trivializing of life I see in watching TV or movies. But here is the idiot part: for some reason I still choose TV so often over Christ.

There have been several occasions that I have settled in my mind to get rid of our TV and dvd player, but have not yet done it. Many times, much to my wife's chagrin (hi amber, you are the only one who reads this anyway...) I get on a soap box and berate entertainment...then I flip it over and use the soap box as a TV stand.

Maybe one day my happy beans will sprout enough to actually get rid of it. Always a battle. How much time have I wasted? How strong could my worshipping muscle be if I spent that time on meaningful things?

Spending time watching TV is like having a constant flow of cash all day long and using that cash to purchase novelties, gag gifts and jelly beans (basically shoppning at Spencer's Gifts) and thinking it is the most amazing purchase at the moment. Then you get home and realize you spent that money on plastic crap which is totally worthless. But then what do we do? We take them out and show them to our most intimate friends, like these things are the highlights of our existence. Wind 'em up and sit around with your best buds talking about 'Bag O Farts' and whatever else kind of worthless crap we picked up watching TV and movies.

Frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment