Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hi, my name is Tim...

We had a group of people form alcoholics anonymous come and speak to the class toay. Very interesting. It was difficult to hear them soeak about themselves in a self depricating way, "I am a drunk"...etc. They said they are an alcoholic today and they just need to get through today and take it a day at a time. They admit their alcohol problem is bigger than themselves and they never take it for granted.
Some interesting observations:
1) They never try to work their way our of reliance and into self-sufficiency.
2) They live every day knowing their weakness and wayward hearts, which keeps them close to their higher power
3) A supportive, honest and confessional communnity is essential, not peripheral, to their success.

I really respected this mindset. I wish we had this a a community of christians. How often I try to work my way out of dependency and burrow into self-reliance. Start with the Spirit, finish with the flesh.

I was wondering what it might look like to incorporate some of these ideas into d team.
Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment